I’ve been in the counselling profession for over a decade and my work with clients continually evolves yet the foundation of my therapeutic work remains the same –“the individual is the expert in his or her own life.” Based on this idea, I am committed to helping my clients believe in their inherent wisdom and tap into their inner strengths in order to overcome barriers to their contentment.
I believe everyone has the potential for having happy and loving relationships and that they are entitled to them. I am passionate about helping them attain just that.
During childhood, I witnessed my parents’ unhealthy behaviours in their unhappy marriage and I wished they would seek help. Observing their unhealthy relationship patterns throughout my childhood and then exhibiting them in my relationships in early adulthood led me to do my own therapy. Today, I have tremendous gratitude for the Imago principles that help me to continue to grow and have healthy experiences in my relationships with others.
I believe that relationship education is imperative in our society and I am dedicated to disseminating this information to help relieve so much of the unnecessary hurt and suffering that happens when we relate to others.
- Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology, University of British Columbia
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, University of Victoria
- BC Association of Clinical Counsellor. I am required to subscribe to a Code of Ethical Conduct and a high standard of clinical practice.
- Imago Relationships International, Certified Advanced Imago Relationship Therapist
- EMDR Canada and EMDR International
- Crime Victims Assistance Program
- Advanced Certification in Imago Relationship Therapy
- Relationship Life Therapy (level 1)
- Developmental Model of Couples Therapy (currently level 1)
- Narrative Therapy (level 1)
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy for Trauma (level 1)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EDMR – level 1)
I am committed to lifelong learning in this fascinating profession. I attend a regular consultation group and attend workshops, trainings and conferences.
Having worked in the helping field for over 18 years and in the counselling field for over a decade, some of my experience includes:
- substance abuse counselling for an outpatient clinic as well as for a residential rehabilitation facility
- counselling clients on a wide range of issues for an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- facilitating psycho-educational groups about healthy relationships for elementary school aged children
Book an appointment or a free 10-minute phone consultation online or by phone/email. At Kollar Counselling Services, Diana Kollar offers weekday counselling sessions for couples and for individuals in her Vancouver office.
Find my profile on the following counsellor directories: